Monday, February 28, 2011

One Corner, Two Sides


So for those who do not know the geography of the neighborhood, Haight Street is a 6 block long retail shopping street extending from the east entrance of Golden Gate Park eastward to Central Avenue. Haight Street continues east and ends at Market Street. There is another retail area known as the Lower Haight centered around the Fillmore intersection.

Masonic Avenue intersects Haight Street five blocks east of Golden Gate Park and is the main auto entrance way to the neighborhood.

This allows Masonic a doublewide sidewalk. Twice as wide as the Haight Street sidewalk. This is the stage on which much unfolds. It is a stage where people have Lived, in every sense of the word, and many have Died on.

When I refer to "the corner" I will be referring to the Masonic side of my store and will refer to the Haight side as "the front" or "out front" as I do when I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment