Monday, February 28, 2011

Where to Begin...


What I call the" Latest Era" might be a good place to begin. It was late summer of 2009.
I had not been working at the store for awhile and had an employee crew of five. I knew there was an economic crisis starting but I was in denial as to the severity. By August it was apparent that things had changed. Within 2 months only Rick and I were working the store. A previously unimaginable scenario.

At that time, the corner had been quiet compared to the years of inhabitants and their realities which had overwhelmed it since the days when our present location was Uganda Liquors for 23 years.

Then I started to notice as I would arrive in the morning, a man in a wheelchair spare changing folks in front of my store. A week or two later there were two and sometimes three guys and dogs joining him. They started to hang out for longer periods of the day and others began to visit them and eventually stayed as well.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
A RIGHT NOW UNFOLDING MOMENT UPDATE;

Two women have spontaneously occurred in front of my store and are performing in costume, wielding instruments of music. Photos available shortly.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""



No comments:

Post a Comment