Saturday, March 5, 2011

Neighbors

As in many neighborhoods there are some one knows and some one only knows of.
I would like to mention a couple of them that I know. They will be mentioned in many stories.

Directly across the street looking east is Magnolias Pub and Brewery. Lucky am I to have a fresh assortment of fine beers just next store. The food is yummy as well. A man named Dave owns and operates the establishment and has since just a couple years after we opened Positively Haight Street. All of the employees there have always treated me well and I am honored to have them as neighbors.

Next I would like to acknowledge Amal's New Light Market. Amals is two doors to the west on Haight Street.
Amal is an Angel of the Haight for many of us. She has cooked many of meals and has made sure I never went hungry on many days when I could not leave the store or was too stressed to remember to eat.
She has four of her brothers working there. Fred, Jerry, Mike, and Sam.
I have known them all for seventeen years and am thankful to have them as my close neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment